Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 7/11/08

Have I mentioned that it has been a bad couple of weeks...

Current Weight: 326
Last Week's Weight: 323
Gain for the Week: 3

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 57


I'm not going to rehash all the reasons behind my gain. It is all in the previous posts. I can tell you that I am beginning to believe that this a pivotal point for me. It is a spiritual battle. The enemy would like nothing better than for me to continue wallowing in negative self-talk and a defeatist attitude that lets me lose all the ground I have worked so hard for these last six months. I would really appreciate your prayers right now.

Stacey and I were talking about this last night and she just popped up and said, "Let's go!" So, we grabbed Matt and his bike and we all went for an hour-long walk. I love her!

If you are sitting and wallowing...just "Get Up & Go!" You will feel better.

Live Well, Live Healthy!

Mike

4 comments:

~ said...

Mike,

I honestly can't say that I know what you are going through because weight has never been an issue for me. But I admire your dedication and commitment to lose 80 lbs and your willingness to share it with virtually, the world.

I love listening to WRBS and appreciate all that you do! We will continue to pray for your weight loss success and your heart as it heals the loss of Jazz.

Your sister in Christ,
Lorna,
Forest Hill, MD

taralynn819 said...

Your blog stands as a testiment to God's grace in your journey. The good, the bad, and the ugly - God is in it all. If we ever need proof that God hasn't given up sanctifying us, all we need is a little hindsight! :)

One of my friends recently posted this quote on her blog and I thought it was worth sharing:

"... I talk about my life anyway because if, on the one hand, hardly anything could be less important, on the other hand, hardly anything could be more important. My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I, of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories in all their particularity, as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally."

-- Frederick Buechner

Anonymous said...

The enemy does hit us at our weakest moment. Grieve, pray and Rest in Him, let Him heal your wounds.
Lots of people are pulling for you, hang in there Bud!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Mike-

You look great! I know these past few weeks have been difficult with the loss of your furry friend, or realistically, your "son" (who was so adorable, BTW). I know how hard that must be. My husband and I have a jack russell named Ripley that we simply adore. He is our "child" and I would be devestated if anything ever happened to him. So you will be in my prayers.

I guess I just want to offer some encouragement. You are almost 3/4 of the way to your goal, and you still have 5 1/2 months to go! That is a feat to be proud of!! And although the Devil would have you feel like a failure when you slip up, just remember that
God has plans to bring joy and prosper, not to harm. So don't get discouraged. Every moment, every day is a new chance given to us thanks to God's merciful grace. He doesn't expect us to be perfect; that's why he is there, to lean on when we don't have strength to stand. He has faith in you and I do too! We both know you can meet your goal..and then some:)

In Christ~
Barbie Dorsey