Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Not the best of weeks...and then...

Sorry that I have been out of it for the last week. The death of our 14-year-old dog hit me harder than I expected and I went downhill with my eating quickly. It took me a few days to get back on track but I still just want to eat. I haven't had this kind of desire since before I started this journey in January. I'm praying that God will take this desire to stuff myself away. This ride has gone too far to give it all back!

And in the midst of my self-indulgence, God sends an encouragement.

The morning show is going with Compassion International to Brazil in just over a week. In addition to your passport, you need a visa to enter the country and that requires two new passport-style photos. This morning I got the passport back with the visa stamp and saw my passport photo taken last July and the new visa photo side-by-side.

It is amazing! It is one of the first times that I can really SEE the difference.

It is still not the best looking picture I've ever taken but I really needed it. God will let us go and see how we handle ourselves but has promised that he will never let us fall away if we reach out for Him. There will be tough times but He will send the Dove with a branch to let you know that there is an end to your trial coming.

You will make it through. I will make it through. We will continue on the right path!

Let me take a moment to thank everyone who has left me comments or sent emails about the loss of Jazz. It helped. And thanks for the continued prayer support.

Live Well, Live Healthy!

Mike

PS - If you noticed, I didn't weigh in. I hope that you give me a pass this week. I'll jump back on the scale this Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I can relate. When I had to put both our dogs down years ago I cried like there was no tomorrow. They are family and there is a grieving process. I understand because i went through it and know how pets become a big part of your life.

Tim