Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 8/1/08

Feeling pretty good...

Current Weight: 322
Last Week's Weight: 321
Gain for the Week: 1

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 61


Yep, I know I gained a pound...but if you could have seen the food in Brazil you would understand why I'm feeling OK about it.

Every meal has bread and cheese and more bread! It was a total carb-fest. Also, they don't really "do" breakfast the way we do. It is very minimal: bread w/milk and coffee. That was tough because I love b-fast and it helps get me fueled up for the day.

Got to tell you about this place we went to dinner one evening. It was described as a "Tea Room." It was a buffet that included (literally) 15 different kinds of breads with things stuffed inside: meats and cheese, fruit, jams, etc.. I did I mention the desserts????

The one evening we were at another buffet that had a big tray of steamed veggies. I was never so happy to see broccoli in my entire life! I think I had two platefuls.

BTW, just to show you how traveling can play with your body... From Sunday to Sunday I flew 8 times and stayed in 3 different hotels. The day after I got back (Tuesday) I got on the scale and laughed when it hit 330lbs! It is almost impossible to gain 9 pounds in 8 days. The next day I was down to 226 and then 223 by Thursday. So, it took me almost a week for my body to get over being gone for a week. Just one more reason NOT to be a slave to the scale!

Well, I'm done traveling for a while. (Stacey is happy about that!) So, it is back to the daily battle to eat well, get healthy and live better! Come join the fight!

Mike

3 comments:

Anna said...

YEAH!!! 1 lb is not bad for traveling to a foreign country! You go guy! :) God Bless and keep up the good work! :) :)

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Thank you so much for being so transparent through this blog. I really appreciated one of your previous posts about how emotional you were after you had to put down your dog, and the food struggle that followed that. We all struggle with something, and I think it's so encouraging for people to read about your ups and downs and realize that they too can ask God for the strength to keep persevering. That's great news about only gaining 1 lb during your trip.

Anna said...

Thinking of you! Just bought a stationary recumbent bike for a b-day gift for my husband and early b-day give for me. It's a Healthrider Exerplay 300. Wouldn't you know I threw my back out over the weekend and can't do anything until it's better! So hubby gets to "break it in". Hope you're doing well!