Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 8/15

What?...

Current Weight: 324
Last Week's Weight: 321
Gain?? for the Week: 3

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 59


I'm very sure that if you were in my bathroom around 3:45 this morning you would have seen a cartoon come to life. When I saw the number on my scale I know my eyes jumped out of my head and became big as dinner plates (a'la Daffy Duck). I was a bit stunned.

Now that I have had a few hours to absorb it, I think one thing has become crystal... I need to get back on track with regular exercise! I'm at the point where the food alone isn't going to cut it anymore. I know this is not a news flash but I'm a procrastinator. (Gasp! Shock!) Even though I started strong on the bike, the wonderful food plan from SupperThyme's Fast Track made it easy to lose weight and I slacked off.

Slacking seems to be something many of us excel at. For you, it might not be exercise but keeping in touch with God. Just like getting on the bike, all you have to do is "do it." You can just start talking to Him or pick up the Bible and read his letters to you. Don't wait another day.

So, the wake up call has been received. All three pounds of it! It has to be the right food and the right exercise to achieve the right results. It is all on me now and how I face this challenge. Let's see...

Live Well! Live Healthy!

Mike

2 comments:

Rgutro said...

Hey Mike- Great blog entry! That attboy -pick yourself up by the bootstraps and drop those three pounds next week. You're doing fantastic!
After losing almost 60 pounds, it must be tough finding clothes to fit. Hopefully, you kept some of your older ones.
When people are losing a good amount of weight, what do you think is their best option for clothing (given that they'll keep needing smaller clothing)? How have you done it?
-Rob

Mike said...

Rob -

Thanks for the comment! I have been on one shopping trip after about 30lbs. down. Mainly needed pants but grabbed a couple of shirts too. I think you just have to keep an eye on how you look. I can now go all the way to my goal before getting new clothes.

Mike