Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 9/5/08

Small steps, big journey...

Current Weight: 318
Last Week's Weight: 319
Loss for the Week: 1

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 65


Well, not so much on the bike this week (those darn, political conventions). But stayed really solid on my eating! BTW - got to tell you about two wonderful things...

1) Skinny Cow Mini-Fudge Bars - Love these! Only 50 cals. per pop. Chocolate, ice cream - de-lish!

2) Seltzer w/flavor - I love sparkling water but it gets a bit boring and expensive. (Saratoga rocks!) However, I found that my supermarket (Giant) store brand of Seltzer infused with fruit flavors (orange, lime, raspberry/lime) is wonderful. This is not the sweetened water but straight, natural flavor with no chemicals and no calories! Light, refeshing and bubbly.

I would love to know if you have wonderfully, de-lish food, snacks or drinks that good for you. Email or comment!

Live Well, Live Healthy!

Mike

4 comments:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Thanks for the tips about the Skinny Cow bars. We'll have to look them up at our grocery store! And congrats on one more pound! Yay!!

taralynn819 said...

Baby dill pickles! I know, they've got a sodium content, but it relieves my craving for crunch so I don't turn to Doritos! My college roommate and I must have downed more jars of pickles than bags of popcorn and packages of Ramen combined! :)

That reminds me, I also LOVE Baked Lays! I even like them better than the regular oil-infused variety! One thing though, pre-portioning is a MUST!

Anonymous said...

Mike...only 15 lbs to go until you reach your goal of 80 in '08! And you have about 15 weeks to do it. So if you at least keep up your 1 lb a week you will make it! Hooray!

I think you were totally right about your observation a week or so ago....if we don't do the exercise, we are not going to lose as fast, if at all.

I know for myself, I have found that if I am not hitting that treadmill, I am more inclined to stay the same or gain, even if I am eating healthy! It doesn't seem fair, but that's how it is. The exercise is the hardest part for me....I hate getting up early. But I want results, and that is enough to motivate me most mornings!

I want to lose 35 more pounds in the rest of this year. That means I have to lose 2.3 lbs a week. Yikes! I think I can do it if I apply myself, and if I don't lose the exact amount I am hoping for, it won't be for lack of trying! :)

Let's see how much we can lose this week, by adding that exercise aspect in consistently! Like Jimmy always says...."We can do this!" :) I know we can!!

Have a great week!

~Your weight loss buddy, Sue

Benjamin C. McKeown said...

Mike, For some good recipes check out the "Abs Diet" series of books. Their recipe for Three Amigos Chili is a favorite of both my wife and I. It's super high in protein and fiber, low in saturated fat and tastes great. It's also cheap and take about 30 minutes to make. Definitely a winner.