Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 10/31/08

I'm so happy October is OVER...

Current Weight: 316
Last Week's Weight: 315
Gain for the Week: 1

Starting Weight: 382 Total Loss: 67


I think this has been the hardest month since I have started this quest. I will tell you that I got back on the bike this week for the first time in a long time. Not that it showed up during my weigh-in....agrgh! Right after I post this you will see another post about a challenge that I have agreed to. I think it will spur me to stay on the bike and keep my eating on track.

I WILL put up some bigger numbers next week! ...Lord willing.

Thanks for your continued support. It means more than you know.

Live Well, Live Healthy!

Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike...I am glad October is over too! It was a rough month for me at the beginning of it, and then I had to work extra hard the last two weeks to get back to where I was losing again!

You can do this! You are so close to meeting your goal of 80 in '08!

I am glad that you and Tracey are doing the Smack down challenge, because I do think that will be a fun motivation for you. Wish I could join in on the challenge!

I am working hard to rev it up and lose 19 more pounds this year to reach my own goal. Pray for me! Thanks to Jimmy's great advice and help, I am getting healthier every day! I'll check in next week to see how you did.....

taralynn819 said...

Go Mike!!! Just checking in on you! We're doing the early morning sweat along with you!

I am kind of surprised at myself because for the first two years I started really working out I walked briskly on an inclined treadmill. (And got just as good cardio workout as anything else.) But this Fall, once the humidity started decreasing, and spending time outside in the fresh, crisp air seemed more favorable than a stuffy, stinky gym, I actually started running (which I normally abhor!). Now I am up to a 6.0 treadmill incline, running at 5.6 mph for 30 straight minutes! I didn't think I would EVER graduate from walking, much less that I would sort of enjoy running! (I never considered myself a runner!)

Seeing personal progress (and bodily results!) has been a HUGE motivator for me over the last few months to keep on! Mixing things up helps the workout not seem so tedious and daunting.