Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 10/17/09

STILL at zero...

Current Weight: 315
Last Week's Weight: 315
Loss for the Week: 0

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 68


Well, it is not a gain...

Between you and me - this is getting a little frustrating. OK, maybe a lot frustrating! And the worse part is I know that it all falls on me. I know that I can change this. There is more I can do (exercise...ugh!) and trim back my carbs for a couple of weeks but I just haven't done it. What is with that? Is it just our sin nature? We know what is right but still don't do it. The last few weeks have been packed from morning to night. My weight has been one of the farthest things from my mind...and then *BANG* it is Friday morning and as I get on the scale I just think about all the things I SHOULD have done this week. Don't get me wrong - I'm not depressed but just feeling the pressure of the very public goal I set for myself...especially when life seems to get in the way.

I don't have an answer to any of this but I do know that it is time to lean on those who know more about this than me. So, Jimmy Page and I will be meeting to talk about this and figure out what I can do to break through this wall. I will let you know what we decide. In the meantime, you stay strong and keep moving forward!

Live Well, Live Healthy!

Mike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike! So glad you are going to talk to Jimmy this week. He is an amazing source of knowledge. Just do whatever he suggests, and I'll bet you start losing steadily again.

And you are right....at least you didn't gain!! I had a tough week last week, really struggling with emotional eating, and put 5 lbs back on. I talked to Jimmy this week, and feel back on track now. I am going to try to lose that 5 lbs and more for next week by increasing my exercise and cutting back on grains a bit. (Kind of putting myself in the detox phase a little bit.) I really need to rid my body of those cravings right now.

Keep plugging on Mike. You can do this. I know it is hard with your schedule, but the more weight we take off, the better we will feel, the more energy we will have, and then the more work we will get done!! :)

Have a great week!

ames said...

Hi Mike! i just found your blog while looking up a sing on WRBS.com. Im am so proud of you for how far you've come!! WOW!!! by God's grac you are only 12 pounds off from your '08 goal!! and you still have 2 1/2 months to go...i KNOW you can do it!! "I can do ALL things through HIM who stregnthens me". He does stregnthen you, since He is at work in you....keep persevering...your hard work and discipline will reap its just reward.:o)

Sarah said...

You can do it!!! =)