Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Weigh-in 1/11/08

Ok - I will start out by saying that I think exercise has made me stupid!

I have lost the ability to do basic math problems. Case in point: I told you that I have lost 16 pounds. The only problem with that is that somehow I added 9 pounds and 6 pounds and came up with 16! D'oh! So, then I went back and looked at my notes and not only is my math wrong - I put down the wrong numbers when I was doing the post. Now I can't do math and I can't remember!

So for the sake of clarity (and my sanity) I will be setting up my Friday Weigh-in posts in the following manner:

Current Weight: 367
Last week's Weight: 369
Loss for the week: 2


Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 16

Now that is cleared up! I have to tell you that I am a bit bummed about only dropping a couple of pounds this week. I was hoping for five or more. In the past I have dropped a lot of weight quickly. I was sick a few days this week so I don't know if that has affected it or not. I will say that it made me want to go down and get on the bike and do my workout!!

Gotta go be on the radio!

Talk to you soon,

Mike

2 comments:

Rgutro said...

Mike- Excellent job! 2 pounds in one week, is two less to go. Losing 16 pounds in two weeks is outstanding! I'm so proud of you. I heard you this morning mention that people trying to lose weight need to be strong when others bring in donuts, and you're right. The world won't change for one person (well, except for Jesus!), but one person can change themselves to better cope with the world. Keep up the GREAT work!
Rob

Unknown said...

Hey Mike! You have my commitment to pray for you. You will inspire many other people when you turn down the junk food. Encourage your co workers to bring in fresh fruits and veggie trays instead of donuts. It's just as easy to grab a veggie tray at the grocery store as it is to walk into the donut shop. I am happy for your decision!

Donna Cruz