Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Can't Believe I'm Doing This!

Well, here we are. Just you and me....and all these extra pounds. Over the course of the year I am going to lose 80 pounds. I won't be done but it is a good start. In the next few posts, I will tell you a bit about me, how I got here and why I finally decided to do all of this.

Before we head off together, I should clue you in to a few things:

  1. I'm a Christian. It is the most important thing in my life and my views are filtered through that perspective.
  2. I'm not perfect - in fact, far from it! I know there will be failings and stumbles. I will write something that you might not like or take issue with. Please try to remember that I am writing about my feelings & thoughts. They are not always politically correct.
  3. I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor! **You Have Been Warned!**
If you can deal with those things then I think we are going to be ok.

Well, that is it for now. I'll post my weigh-in stats each week starting with my next post and will jot down the rest from time to time. Please feel free to send me a comment or email but understand that it may take me some time to get back to you.

Thanks for checking in! Can't wait to talk to you again.

Mike

2 comments:

Diana said...

Mike ~ I too am on the weight loss journey... I want to get into better shape. Yes, round IS a shape, but not the one I'd like for the rest of my life ~ I've tried that one too long and want something different. I will be keeping you in prayer ~ and hope that I can be strong as I will be challenged (esp. 1/17-21 ~ we're going on a cruise) ~ please pray that I make "GOOD" food choices and continue with exercise...

Anonymous said...

Now syndicated on LiveJournal, too.

http://syndicated.livejournal.com/mikealley80in08/profile

Keep up the good work.