Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 11/14/08

So far, November may be my favorite month...

Current Weight: 312
Last Week's Weight: 314
Loss for the Week: 2

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 71


Nine more pounds! That's it! While it is just a number, it is a milestone mark. If I can lose 80 pounds then I can lose another 25, 50 or 80 again to get me to my final goal. I need to say a big "Thank You" to Tracey Tiernan! Her idea of the fun "Smackdown Challenge" has really fired me up and gotten me excited about reaching for this finish line. Thanks TT!

OK - The Juice Fast - I really liked it! (Tracey is doing it too and also enjoyed it) It is a nice change of pace and has gone a long way to confuse my body and help keep the digestive tract healthy.

We are using one bottle (15.2oz) of Naked Juice's Green Machine and one bottle of any other Naked Juice (this week was Blue Machine - good for an energy boost!). Each bottle is 2 servings and so, on the recommendation of Jimmy Page, we take half the bottle and cut it with the same amount of cold water. The juice is really sweet and this help make it more refreshing. Then enjoy it!

I will warn you that Green Machine looks like cold pea soup but it tastes great because of the amazing mix of fruits they add to the green superfoods. Jimmy explained that this is better than a straight fast as it energizes your body at the cell's level without your body having to work to breakdown the food and turn it into nutrients.

Remember - you need to talk to your doctor or nutritionist to make sure that this make sense and will be beneficial for you before starting any fast, diet or exercise program.

Wanna join us? Send me a note or comment and let me know how is going for you.

Live Well, Live Healthy!

Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike....way to gooooo! I am so proud of you for losing two straight weeks in a row. I have not done that for awhile! :)

I am going to have to talk to Jimmy about the juice fast idea. It may be something for me to try too. Right now I am focusing on increasing my exercise, as I have let it slack the last few weeks due to sinus infections, etc.

You can do this! Only nine more pounds to go to reach your first goal. Keep up the great work!!