Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 3/21/08

Ok, I sneaked a peek at the scale on Tuesday and had dropped 2 pounds. So, stepping on the scale this morning I was looking forward to the number...

Current Weight: 340
Last Week's Weight: 344
Loss for the Week: 4

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 43


Now that's what I'm talking about! HA!

More than half-way to my goal! So many people have asked me what happens when I reach my goal of losing 80 pounds. That's easy....

I Keep Going!

This first number was just something that Jimmy Page and I discussed when I started this quest. He looked at me and said, "How would it feel to be 300 pounds?" I told him that it had been 15 or 17 years since I was there and so I have forgotten how it felt. That is how 80pounds became the first goal. Once there....well, we'll see.

I want to wish you a Blessed Easter. I would not be here if it was not for the miracle of the Resurrection of Jesus. I can't begin to tell you how I have felt the power of God helping me to keep on track and strengthening my will power when I was feeling weak. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about?? Click Here for More About New Life

Live Well, Live Healthy!

Mike

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Last year the Father gave me love for myself. Now I thought I did love myself because I bathed, ate, made medical and dental appointments ...Ya know?
When He blessed me with love for myself, I had a desire to walk more. I then studied about high glycemic index, which led to more learning about what works for my body, which led to 50 lbs lost. I did not specifically pray for love for myself, because I didn't know it was lacking in my life. But the Father blessed me anyway. He always leads us to triumph!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike:

Congratulations on your incredible journey and courage to share with others. I applaud you for not making 300 lbs. your final goal. You will find out how good you feel at 300 lbs. then the challenge to go farther will make you feel (physically, emotionally, spitiritally) so much better. Just think of all of the years you have added on to your life (since we never know when God does call us home) just by losing what you have. I am truly excited for you.

Blessings on your wonderful, exciting journey.

Also, KUDOS for not waiting till you hit a special age to do this.

Judy