Wednesday, February 20, 2008

And Now A Word.....

We have been talking long enough now that you know this is about real life. The successes and the setbacks and everything in between. I am also going to tell you about the cool things I discover along the way that help and motivate me to focus on a healthy lifestyle. While I promise this blog will not become a commercial for any product or particular way of to a healthy life, there are going to be things I'm excited about....and so, I will be talking about them. OK - end of the disclaimer!

You may notice that there is now a sponsor for the blog - SupperThymeUSA in Cockeysville. S.T. is a meal prep place - you go in and make a bunch of different meals, pack them up and take them home to cook later for your family. However, they have a new service called "3-A-Day Fast Track" as part of their Extreme Fitness meals program. The Fast Track plan offers pre-made, delicious and nutritious meals that are
low in calories, fat, carbohydrates and sodium. Each package includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is based on a 1200-1800 calorie per day regime. You add in your own snacks and you're set!

The Best Part.....The food is De-Lish!!! I love food. If it doesn't taste good, I'm not eating it. These meals are amazing. Fresh ingredients, made fresh every week and best of all - No Preservatives! No disrespect to anyone who is eating one of those meal plans advertised on TV but check out the amount of sodium and preservatives those foil-pouched or dehydrated meals contain. You don't want to put that into your system. I'm not a "Green" guy but I'm coming around to the idea of more natural foods being better for my body. Especially when they taste yummy! It is also good training to see the portions that I should be eating and not the mounds of food I used to pile on my plate.

Here is the deal - You can go online (just click the banner above), order your Fast Track meals from an amazing selection, then stop by their location on York Road in Cockeysville to pick-up your order OR for a few extra bucks...they will deliver it to you! How cool is that?

Does it work? I have been on it since last Saturday so we will see how the weigh-in goes this Friday. I can tell you that there is a bunch more info about the plan at their website - including the fact that two of NBC's Biggest Losers (Marty & Amy) designed the meal plan with real people in mind.

If you are interested in trying some of the Fast Track meals, stop by their FREE Meal tasting on Tuesday, February 26 from 11:30am-2:00pm or 5:30pm-7:30pm. Say "Hi!" to the owner, Lisa and her husband Larry. I'm talking with them about setting up a WRBS tasting soon. I'll let you know.

Well, that is what I'm doing. As promised, I will keep you up to date without making it a commercial. Thank you so much for your support, prayers and great comments. Keep 'em coming!

Talk to you soon,

Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what you are doing is awesome, Mike!! Lisa Steve, the owner of the Cockeysville Supper Thyme, told me about your plan for 80 in 08 so I had to check it out for myself. You are truly an inspiration! Are you prepared to be a total hottie by the way? Because it's going to happen! :)

Marty and I are going to keep checking back with you to watch your progress and next time we are in Baltimore we will stop by and see you! Keep up the great work!