Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Hawaiian Shirt Test

I don't buy a lot of clothes. It has been at least a year since I bought something new - jeans, I think. It is not that I (like many guys) don't enjoy getting new clothes. I do. A little secret...I would be a total clothes horse if I could. However, big guys don't really have the luxury of choices and even great stores like Casual Male don't ever have enough of the 4x and 5x shirts that i have been wearing the last couple of years.

This leads me to tell you about my Hawaiian shirt - well, actually two shirts. First, I should mention that it is illegal to call yourself a DJ without owning at least one Hawaiian shirt. At times, I have had up to 5 in the closet. Right now there are two hanging there.

It has been almost a year since they have been worn. They are now my test. When they fit well I will have taken off the weight I gained between March and December last year. I tried them on a couple of days ago and we are almost there. Still a little too snug around the middle! I'm thinking another 10 pounds should do it.

When I get there, I'll post a picture of one of the shirts. Now, the next issue becomes what to do after I pass the shirt test. I don't have anything smaller for the next test.

Guess I'll have to go shopping.....

Weigh - in tomorrow....Talk to you then!

Mike

3 comments:

taralynn819 said...

You MUST look up Chuck Knapp, former morning show host at KTIS in Minneapolis, where I am from. He is the KING of Hawaiian shirts. I visited the station one time and he even had one hanging on the front of his office door! You have to have already heard of the guy. Awesome testimony too! I miss those guys...but I have to tell you, WRBS takes the cake out East!

Oh no, I just found a few pictures of the "Knapster" in his infamous Hawaiian shirts:

http://www.thebarryagency.com/talent/chuck_knapp.htm

Da Kine Hawaiian Aloha said...

Aloha Mike,
Interesting post you have here. It sounds like you have a target weight so we thought that maybe we can sweeten the pot with a brand spanking new Hawaiian shirt. I own Wave Shoppe Hawaiian shirts and we mostly only sell our own label and designs so we would be willing to reward you with an exclusive Hawaiian shirt, all you would need to do is post a picture of you wearing it. What do you think? Drop us a line if the offer is of interest. PS if you go the other way we also make big sizes!

Mike said...

A FREE Shirt?!?!?! How can I say no? I will be in touch.