Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Weigh-In 2/22/08

Ready? ...Here it comes.....

Current Weight: 351
Last Week's Weight: 356
Loss for the Week: 5

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 32

Wow! I got on the scale three times just to check and make sure that I was seeing the correct number. Back on the bike this week and the new Fast Tack eating program is making it exciting to see (and feel) the weight that is coming off!

May I take a moment to sing the praises of Whole Wheat Pasta? I know, I know....that stuff is terrible...how can you eat that?... it tastes like cardboard! Yes, it used to taste like that. However, many of the Fast Track meals have the new White Whole Wheat pasta. I dare you to tell the difference. I have had many people (including my wife, Stacey) sample it without knowing it was any different from regular pasta. No one could tell any difference. This may be a life-changer for me. A lower-carb, higher-fiber pasta that is de-lish??? I thought my Italian food days were over.

Now, if I can just get Liberatore's to switch and life would be really good!

Talk to you soon!

Mike

2 comments:

taralynn819 said...

I agree with your last two posts absolutely. You MUST enjoy the food you eat, regardless of any diet or lifestyle change, or you will lose it! I did the low carb in college and, while I like meat, it was torture not to eat a bun with my burger, or mashed potatoes with my pork chop, or even cereal in the morning! And I tell ya, I will never eat another pork rind again in my life! Those things just don't do it for me, children! And I won't even talk about my low-carb chocolate binge. Talk about a lesson in portion control!!!

You just really have to like the changes for them to stick!

I do love how food companies are jumping on the "healthier" bandwagon. There are so many more choices than there used to be even 5 years ago. You'll pay more for that whole-wheat pasta and fresh vs chemical, but it's better than paying hospital bills later on, right! :)

Keep it up, Mike!

VAXHeadroom said...

Just wanted to let you know you've inspired me! While on travel last week, I got up at 5am 3 out of 4 days, went down to the pool and swam for 20 minutes. I'll be traveling quite a bit in 2008 and I've resolved to do this every day I travel. Now I just gotta figure out what to do while I'm home :)

Emory