Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Weigh-in 2/29/08

Happy Leap Day! How far did I leap this week?

Current Weight: 347
Last Week's Weight: 351
Loss for the Week: 4

Starting Weight: 383 Total Loss: 36

I am blown away! After dropping 5 pounds last week, I wasn't really expecting to lose this much (props to Lisa @ SupperThyme who told me that she knew I would lose this much!). I still have about seven pounds to go to be the weight I was last March.

I want to take a moment to let you know how much your prayers and support have meant to me. The comments on the blog, emails and everything else have been amazing! I want you to know that I am praying for you. So many people are battling a lifetime of unhealthy habits. I didn't start this with the idea of being a role model or inspiration - I just wanted to feel better! However, I'm blessed that God is using my struggles, discoveries and victories to encourage others. All the praise goes to Him for the strength He provides.

That's it for now! Have a great Leap Day!

Talk to you soon.

Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mike! Keep up the good work!!

Rgutro said...

Hey Mike- I was on vacation last week (out of the states) and didn't get to check your blog, which I do "religiously." :) - After the 17 years we've known each other, I'm so excited to see you're still losing the weight and getting healthier. What an inspiration!
One question comes to mind. You mentioned that it was from last March to Dec. when you put more weight on - what do you think triggered that? Did you become wrapped up in the daily things and not take time for yourself (as so many of us do)?
I look forward to seeing your next weigh-in, and reading how those Hawaiian shirts fit you again!
Rob